Our vibrant Australian-inspired burger is spiced with chipotle, topped with creamy avocado and a fried egg and served with beetroot fries, packed full of antioxidants which help to support the liver and lower cholesterol.
541 calories • 36g carbs • 29g fat • 44g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Peel and chop the beetroot into fries. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
3. In a bowl, mix together the beef mince and chipotle paste and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into two patties (2-3 cm thick).
4. Brush the burgers with 1 tsp oil. Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) on a medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 4-5 mins each side until cooked through. Set aside, cover and leave to rest for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel and grate the carrot and roughly chop the coriander. In a bowl, mix together the mustard, the juice from half of the lime and season. Place the carrot and coriander in the bowl and mix well. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice.
6. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the eggs for a few minutes until the egg white is cooked.
7. Place the beef burgers onto two warm plates, top with the avocado slices and a fried egg. Serve alongside the beet fries and the sunshine carrot slaw. Drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person