Our vibrant Australian-inspired burger is spiced with chipotle, topped with creamy avocado and a fried egg and served with beetroot fries, packed full of antioxidants which help to support the liver and lower cholesterol.
541 calories • 36g carbs • 29g fat • 44g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Peel and chop the beetroot into fries. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
3. In a bowl, mix together the beef mince and chipotle paste and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into two patties (2-3 cm thick).
4. Brush the burgers with 1 tsp oil. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 4-5 mins each side until cooked through. Set aside, cover and leave to rest for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel and grate the carrot and roughly chop the coriander. In a bowl, mix together the mustard, the juice from half of the lime and season. Place the carrot and coriander in the bowl and mix well. Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice.
6. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the eggs for a few minutes until the egg white is cooked.
7. Place the beef burgers onto two warm plates, top with the fried egg. Serve alongside the avocado slices, beet fries and the carrot slaw. Drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person