Looking to indulge guilt-free this weekend? Our friends at Qnola have shared their recipe for these gluten-free buckwheat waffles, served with a moreish cacao sauce! The ultimate weekend brunch.
1) Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together in a large bowl, until combined.
2) Gradually add the flour and follow with the ground almonds, cinnamon, nut butter, salt and baking powders.
3) Whisk until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
4) Melt the coconut oil and stir that into the mixture before whisking for a final time.
5) Before cooking your waffles, make your sauce. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan and when it has melted, gently whisk in the cacao powder.
6) Once incorporated, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk, vanilla and agave. When all of the ingredients are combined and the sauce is smooth and beginning to thicken, pour into a bowl or put to one side ready to serve.
7) To cook your waffles, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large griddle pan, on a medium to high heat. Choose to make small round waffles (spooning the mixture onto the pan) or a large waffle (fill the griddle pan with a square of batter) .
8) Lower the heat a little and cook each side for 6-8 minutes, until brown and the griddle pan is scolding lines across the surface.